Kiya zaat thee uski?
Posted On January 27, 2015
1.Kiya zaat thee uski? (What caste was he?)
2. I’m not sure.
3. Caste? Why does that matter?
4. Oh it matters.
4. It does. I used to think that it doesn’t but…
3. But how though?
4. Ask her [pointing to 1, her mom]
2. That’s something people back home might care about…besides it’s a Hindu idea. We were just talking about bigotry against Muslims in Germany and you’re saying it’s important? It segregates people.
1. It makes a difference.
2. Not for the kids here it doesn’t.
[The banter went back and forth. I realized that such crude thinking couldn’t be fixed. Left it!